About PHD Virtual
PHD Virtual Technologies is transforming data protection and enterprise monitoring in virtual IT environments. We pioneered ”virtual backup appliances" (VBAs) in 2006, using virtual machines to backup virtual machines and have since become an award-winning product of choice for data protection in virtual environments. PHD Virtual also delivers a comprehensive monitoring solution for virtual and physical environments. More than 4,500 enterprise customers worldwide trust PHD Virtual for VMware and Citrix XenServer, to protect their business-critical data. We experienced tremendous growth in 2011 setting corporate revenues records and increasing new customer acquisition by over 75%. With the addition of key international distribution partners, we expanded our worldwide presence helping to drive over a 50% increase in revenue from the EMEA region alone. The virtualization market is rapidly expanding and our data protection and monitoring solutions are in high demand. PHD Virtual is owned by Insight Venture Partners, a leader in private equity with $5B funds to back its commitment to the best technology companies worldwide.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong technical background and experience with infrastructure product software and application test and QA processes and management.
The qualified candidate will:
• Design and build custom tests (i.e. regression, stress, performance, feature, usability)
• Define testing requirements/objectives, and author test cases for highly complex technical issues
• Track and analyze assigned projects, verify all are subjected to adequate levels of testing prior to release,
and report progress to management on a regular basis
• Assist and lead other Test Engineers with highly complex issues on testing approach, product design, product
implementation, and other technical matters
• Participates with management in strategic planning for testing policies and procedures
• Build and manage a QA Product Team (i.e. NJ and Outsource resources) best in breed product testing group
leveraging employee and outsourced resources.
• Support Sales Engineers and Support Organization with on-site testing and trouble-shooting for clients
• Effective communications skills, focusing on presentation of technical information
• Must have expert knowledge of QA processes, tools and methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective follow up systems to ensure timely and accurate
handling of information requests
The position is located in Morris Plains, NJ and offers:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Generous medical/dental/vision benefits available
• 401K program available